Federal Register: September 17, 1998 (Volume 63, Number 180)NoticesPage 49709-49710From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Bureau of Land Management
AK-932-1430-01; AA-11716Public Land Order No. 7362; Revocation of Geological Survey Order Dated June 29, 1950; Alaska
AGENCY: Bureau of Land Management, Interior.
ACTION: Public Land Order.
SUMMARY: This order revokes a Geological Survey order in its entirety as it affects approximately 1,760 acres of public and National Forest System land withdrawn for Power Site Classification No. 409. The area affected by this order includes public land, National Forest System land, and land that has been conveyed out of Federal ownership, and is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was withdrawn. The public land lies within the boundary of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge and Kenai Wilderness, and the National Forest System land is within the boundary of the Chugach National Forest.
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 17, 1998.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Shirley J. Macke, BLM Alaska State Office, 222 W. 7th Avenue, No. 13, Anchorage, Alaska 99513-7599, 907- 271-5049.
By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Interior by Section 204 of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, 43 U.S.C. 1714 (1994), it is ordered as follows:
1. The Geological Survey Order dated June 29, 1950, which established Power Site Classification No. 409, is hereby revoked in its entirety:
Land located within secs. 28 through 32 of T. 5 N., R. 3 W., and secs. 25 through 28, and secs. 33 through 36 of T. 5 N., R. 4 W., more particularly described as:
All lands within \1/4\ mile of Kenai River from the mouth of Russian River upstream to the present bridge across Kenai River at
[Page 49710]Coopers Landing. This bridge is located at latitude 60 deg.29' N., longitude 149 deg.50' W., approximately.
The area described contains approximately 1,760 acres.
2. The public land within the area described above will remain withdrawn as part of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, pursuant to Section 303(4) of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, 16 U.S.C. 668(dd) (1994), and the Kenai Wilderness, pursuant to Section 702(7) of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, 16 U.S.C. 1132 (1994), and will be subject to the terms and conditions of any other withdrawal or segregation of record. The National Forest System land within the above-described area will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of the Chugach National Forest reservation and any other withdrawal or segregation of record.
Dated: August 28, 1998. Bob Armstrong, Assistant Secretary of the Interior.
FR Doc. 98-24880Filed9-16-98; 8:45 amBILLING CODE 4310-JA-P
This document cites
- U.S. Code - Title 16: Conservation - 16 USC 1132 - Sec. 1132. Extent of System
- U.S. Code - Title 16: Conservation - 16 USC 668 - Sec. 668. Bald and golden eagles
- US Code - Title 43: Public Lands - 43 USC 1714 - Sec. 1714. Withdrawals of lands
See other documents that cite the same legislation