Federal Register › Surface Transportation Board
- Chicago Rail & Port, LLC- Lease and Operation Exemption-Rail Line of South Chicago Property Development, LLC
- Union Pacific Railroad Company-Discontinuance Exemption-in Grundy County, IL
- Portland Vancouver Junction Railroad, LLC-Operation Exemption-Rail Lines of Columbia Business Center, Clark County, Wash.
- Release of Waybill Data
- WRL, LLC-Change in Operator Exemption-Western Washington Railroad, LLC
- Senior Executive Service Performance Review Board (PRB) and Executive Resources Board (ERB) Membership
Publication Requirements for Agricultural Products; Rail Transportation of Grain, Rate Regulation Review
The Surface Transportation Board (Board) is adopting final rules amending its regulations on the publication of rate and service terms for agricultural products and fertilizer. The Board also denies a petition for reconsideration of the Board's policy statement regarding aggregation of claims and standing issues as they relate to rate complaint procedures.
Offers of Financial Assistance
The Surface Transportation Board (Board or STB) adopts changes to its rules pertaining to to improve the process and protect it against abuse.
United States Department of Energy and United States Department of Defense v. Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company, et al.; United States Department of Energy and United States Department of Defense v. Aberdeen & Rockfish Railroad Company, et al.
The Surface Transportation Board (Board) has approved the settlement agreement (Agreement) proposed by the United States Department of Energy and the United States Department of Defense (together, the Government) and Norfolk Southern Railway Company (NSR); prescribed the Agreement's rate update methodologies (as slightly amended), maximum revenue-to-variable cost (R/VC) ratios, and rates;...
- Iowa River Railroad, Inc.-Acquisition and Operation Exemption-Rail Line of North Central Railway Association, Inc.
- Indexing the Annual Operating Revenues of Railroads
- The Indiana Rail Road Company-Discontinuance of Trackage Rights Exemption-in Lawrence, Orange, Washington, Clark and Floyd Counties, Ind.
Quarterly Rail Cost Adjustment Factor
The Board approves the third quarter 2017 Rail Cost Adjustment Factor (RCAF) and cost index filed by the Association of American Railroads. The third quarter 2017 RCAF (Unadjusted) is 0.903. The third quarter 2017 RCAF (Adjusted) is 0.375. The third quarter 2017 RCAF-5 is 0.357.
Regulatory Reform Task Force
Notice is hereby given of a listening session for the (RRTF).
- Mission Mountain Railroad, L.L.C.-Discontinuance of Service Exemption-in Flathead County, Mont.
- Piedmont and Northern Railroad LLC-Change in Operator Exemption-Piedmont Railway, LLC
- Dover and Rockaway River Railroad, LLC-Operation Exemption-County of Morris, NJ.
- Kean Burenga-Continuance in Control Exemption-Dover and Rockaway River Railroad, LLC, Belvidere & Delaware River Railway Company, Inc., and Black River & Western Corp.
- Progressive Rail Incorporated-Continuance in Control Exemption-Piedmont and Northern Railroad LLC
- The Athens Line, LLC-Acquisition and Operation Exemption-Rail Line of Norfolk Southern Railway Company and Central of Georgia Railroad Company
Lone Star Coaches, Inc.-Control-Tri-City Charter of Bossier, Inc.
On May 12, 2017, Lone Star Coaches, Inc. (Lone Star) filed an application to acquire Tri-City Charter of Bossier, Inc. (Tri-City Charter).\2\ Lone Star and Tri-City Charter are each federally registered, passenger motor carriers that are in the process of consolidating parts of their operations while maintaining their distinct USDOT operating authorities. The Board is tentatively approving and...
2016 Tax Information for use In the Revenue Shortfall Allocation Method
The Board is publishing, and providing the public an opportunity to comment on, the 2016 weighted average state tax rates for each Class I railroad, as calculated by the Association of American Railroads (AAR), for use in the Revenue Shortfall Allocation Method (RSAM).
Notice of Railroad-Shipper Transportation Advisory Council Vacancy
The Board hereby gives notice of a vacancy on RSTAC for an at- large (public interest) representative. The Board is soliciting suggestions for candidates to fill this vacancy.
30-Day Notice of Intent To Seek Extension of Approval: Waybill Sample
As part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork burdens, and as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), the Surface Transportation Board (STB or Board) gives notice that it is requesting from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) an extension of approval for the collection of the Waybill Sample. See 49 CFR 1244. The Board previously published a notice about this collection
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company-Abandonment Exemption-Between Mansfield and Bloomington, in McLean, Dewitt and Piatt Counties, Ill.
- Grupo México, S.A.B. de C.V. and GMéxico Transportes, S.A. de C.V.-Control Exemption-Florida East Coast Holdings Corp.
- Ellis & Eastern Company-Operation Exemption-Buffalo Ridge Regional Railroad Authority
- Ellis & Eastern Company-Acquisition and Operation Exemption-E&ER Company
30-Day Notice of Intent To Seek Extension of Approval: Information Collection Activities (Report of Fuel Cost, Consumption, and Surcharge Revenue)
As part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork burdens, and as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), the Surface Transportation Board (STB or Board) gives notice that it is requesting from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) an extension of approval for the collection of the Report of Fuel Cost, Consumption, and Surcharge Revenue. The Board previously published a...
- Union Pacific Railroad Company-Discontinuance of Service Exemption-in Iroquois County, IL