Federal Register › Surface Transportation Board
Renewal of Rail Energy Transportation Advisory Committee
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, notice is hereby given that the Surface Transportation Board (Board) intends to renew the charter of the Rail Energy Transportation Advisory Committee (RETAC).
Quarterly Rail Cost Adjustment Factor
The Board approves the fourth quarter 2017 Rail Cost Adjustment Factor (RCAF) and cost index filed by the Association of American Railroads. The fourth quarter 2017 RCAF (Unadjusted) is 0.889. The fourth quarter 2017 RCAF (Adjusted) is 0.367. The fourth quarter 2017 RCAF-5 is 0.350.
- CSX Transportation, Inc.-Abandonment Exemption-In Greenbrier and Nicholas Counties, WV
- Decatur Central Railroad, L.L.C.-Acquisition and Operation Exemption-Topflight Grain Cooperative, Inc.
Railroad Revenue Adequacy-2016 Determination
On September 6, 2017, the Board served a decision announcing the 2016 revenue adequacy determinations for the Nation's Class I railroads. Four carriers (BNSF Railway Company, Norfolk Southern Combined Railroad Subsidiaries, Soo Line Corporation, and Union Pacific Railroad Company) were found to be revenue adequate.
- Grand Elk Railroad, Inc.-Acquisition Exemption-Norfolk Southern Railway Company
- Savage Davenport Railroad Company-Lease and Operation Exemption-City of Davenport, Iowa
- Savage Services Corporation-Continuance in Control Exemption-Savage Davenport Railroad Company
- Columbia & Cowlitz Railway, LLC-Abandonment Exemption-in Cowlitz County, Wash
- Patriot Woods Railroad, LLC-Abandonment Exemption-in Cowlitz County, Wash.; Columbia & Cowlitz Railway, LLC-Discontinuance of Service Exemption-in Cowlitz County, Wash
- Wisconsin Central Ltd.-Discontinuance of Service Exemption-in Waupaca County, Wis
Public Listening Session Regarding CSX Transportation, Inc.'s Rail Service Issues; Joint Petition of Foresight Coal Sales, LLC, Sugar Camp Energy, LLC, Williamson Energy, LLC, and Consolidation Coal Company To Address the Adequacy of CSX Transportation's Coal Transportation Service Originating in the Illinois Basin and Northern Appalachia
The Surface Transportation Board (Board) will hold a public listening session on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, at its offices in Washington, DC, to hear from CSX Transportation, Inc. (CSXT), on its efforts to implement its new operating plan and to address service problems on its network, to provide shippers the opportunity to report on recent CSXT rail service issues they have experienced, and to
Notice of National Grain Car Council Meeting
Notice is hereby given of a meeting of the National Grain Car Council (NGCC), pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
- Goose Lake Railway, LLC-Change in Operator Exemption-LRY, LLC d.b.a. Lake Railway
Semiannual Regulatory Agenda
The Surface Transportation Board (the Board), in accordance with the requirements of the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA), is publishing a semiannual agenda of: (1) Current and projected rulemakings; and (2) existing regulations being reviewed to determine whether to propose modifications through rulemaking. Listed below are the regulatory actions to be developed or reviewed during the next 12...
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company-Abandonment Exemption-in Hartford City, Ind.; Central Railroad Company of Indianapolis-Discontinuance of Lease and Operation Authority-in Hartford City, Ind.
- Cleveland Commercial Railroad Company, LLC-Amended Lease and Operation Exemption Containing Interchange Commitment-Norfolk Southern Railway Company
30-Day Notice of Intent To Seek Extension of Approval: Demurrage Liability Disclosure Requirements
As part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork burdens, and as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Surface Transportation Board (STB or Board) gives notice that it is requesting from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) an extension of approval for the collection of Demurrage Liability Disclosure Requirements. The Board previously published a notice about this...
60-Day Notice of Intent To Seek Extension of Approval: Applications for Land-Use-Exemption Permits
As part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork burdens, and as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Surface Transportation Board (STB or Board) gives notice that it is requesting from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) an extension of approval for the collection of Applications for Land-Use-Exemption Permits (for Solid Waste Rail Transfer Facilities).
- SMS Rail Service, Inc.-Abandonment Exemption-in Gloucester County, N.J.
Notice of Rail Energy Transportation Advisory Committee Vacancy
The Surface Transportation Board (Board) hereby gives notice of two vacancies on its Rail Energy Transportation Advisory Committee (RETAC) for (1) a representative from biofuel feedstock growers or providers and biofuel refiners, processors, and distributors, and (2) an ``at large'' representative with relevant experience in the transportation of energy resources. The Board is soliciting...
- Nebraska, Kansas & Colorado Railway, L.L.C.-Discontinuance of Service Exemption-in Franklin, Harlan, Furnas and Red Willow Counties, Neb., and Decatur, Rawlins and Cheyenne Counties, Kan.
- CSX Transportation, Inc.-Abandonment Exemption-in Harlan County, KY
- The Indiana Rail Road Company and CSX Transportation Inc.-Joint Relocation Project Exemption-Terre Haute, Ind.
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company-Abandonment Exemption-in Atlanta, Ga.
Regulations Governing Fees for Services Performed in Connection With Licensing and Related Services-2017 Update
The Board updates for 2017 the fees that the public must pay to file certain cases and pleadings with the Board. Pursuant to this update, 83 of the Board's 133 fees will be increased, while 50 fees will be maintained at their current levels.
- Winamac Southern Railway Company-Abandonment Exemption-in Kokomo, Howard County, Ind.; US Rail Holdings, LLC-Abandonment Exemption-in Kokomo, Howard County, Ind.
- Union Pacific Railroad Company-Temporary Trackage Rights Exemption-The Kansas City Southern Railway Company
- Chicago Rail & Port, LLC- Lease and Operation Exemption-Rail Line of South Chicago Property Development, LLC
- Union Pacific Railroad Company-Discontinuance Exemption-in Grundy County, IL