Meetings: St. Elias National Park Subsistence Resource Commission,
[Federal Register: November 12, 1999 (Volume 64, Number 218)]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
National Park Service
Announcement of Subsistence Resource Commission Meeting.
SUMMARY: The Acting Superintendent of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve and the Chairperson of the Subsistence Resource Commission for Wrangell-St. Elias National Park announce a forthcoming meeting of the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Subsistence Resource Commission. The following agenda items will be discussed:
(1) Call to Order (Chairman).
(2) Roll Call: Confirmation of Quorum.
(3) Introduction of Commission members, staff, and guests.
(4) Review Agenda.
(5) Review and approval of minutes from April 20-21, 1999 meeting.
(6) Acting Superintendent's welcome and review of the Commission purpose--Hunter.
(7) Commission membership status.
(8) Public and other agency comments.
(9) Report on October 1999 Chair Workshop.
(10) Acting Superintendent's report.
Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve Superintendent and Yakutat District Ranger Positions.
(11) Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve staff reports.
Mentasta Herd Update.
(12) Old Business:
Status report on inclusion of Healy Lake as a resident zone community.
Status of EA/rulemaking to add Northway, Tetlin, Tanacross and Dot Lake as resident zone communities.
Cordova Public Meeting.
(1) Status of C & T proposals.
(2) Request for resident zone status.
Status of Malaspina Forelands ATV study project.
Possible restrictions of the harvest of ewe sheep.
Subsistence Hunting Program Recommendation 97-01: establish minimum residency requirement for resident zone communities.
SRC Chairs Customary Trade Concerns.
Status report on Hunting Plan Recommendation 96-1 and 96-2:
migratory bird--fall, spring, and summer harvest.
Tolsona resident zone request.
Status report on subsistence plan, hunt maps, and subsistence brochure for Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve.
(13) New Business:
Update on Federal Fish Management.
Federal Subsistence Program update.
(1) Review actions taken by Federal Subsistence Board during Spring 1999 meeting on Federal Subsistence Program 1999-2000 proposed regulation changes.
(2) Review FSB final version of Individual C&T policy.
(3) Review request for delegating SRC hunting plan recommendation response to the Regional Director in Alaska.
(4) Review 2000-2001 Federal Subsistence Board Proposals for Units 5, 6, 11, 12, and 13.
Review FSB response to George Midvag letter--re: Slana C&T.
Election of Officers.
(14) Public and other agency comments.
(15) Subsistence Resource Commission work session to develop proposals/finalize recommendations.
(16) Set time and place of next Subsistence Resource Commission meeting.
(17) Adjourn meeting.
DATES: The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, November 30, 1999, and conclude at approximately 5 p.m. The meeting will reconvene at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, December 1, 1999, and adjourn at approximately 5 p.m. The meeting will adjourn earlier if the agenda items are completed.
LOCATION: The meeting location is: Tazlina Community Hall, Tazlina, Alaska.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Hunter Sharp, Acting Superintendent, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, P.O. Box 439, Copper Center, Alaska 99573. Phone (907) 822-5234.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The Subsistence Resource Commission is authorized under Title VIII, Section 808, of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, Pub. L. 96-487, and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committees Act. Darwin Aho, Acting Regional Director.
[FR Doc. 99-29618Filed11-10-99; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-70-P