Notice of HUD-Held Healthcare Loan Sale (HLS 2016-1)
Federal Register, Volume 81 Issue 132 (Monday, July 11, 2016)
Federal Register Volume 81, Number 132 (Monday, July 11, 2016)
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Publishing Office www.gpo.gov
FR Doc No: 2016-16258
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
Docket No. FR-5956-N-01
Notice of HUD-Held Healthcare Loan Sale (HLS 2016-1)
AGENCY: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Housing--Federal Housing Commissioner, HUD.
SUMMARY: This notice announces HUD's intention to sell eight (8) unsubsidized healthcare mortgage loans, without Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insurance, in a competitive auction (HLS 2016-1 or Loan Sale) on or about July 20, 2016. This notice also generally describes the bidding process for the sale and certain persons who are ineligible to bid.
DATES: A Bidder's Information Package (BIP) will be made available on or about June 22, 2016. Bids for the loans must be submitted on the bid date of July 20, 2016 between certain specified hours. HUD anticipates that an award or awards will be made on or before July 22, 2016. Closing is expected to take place between August 1, 2016 and August 3, 2016.
ADDRESSES: To become a qualified bidder and receive the BIP, prospective bidders must complete, execute, and submit a Confidentiality Agreement and a Qualification Statement acceptable to HUD. Both documents will be available on the HUD Web site at www.hud.gov/fhaloansales. Please fax or email as well as mail executed original documents to JS Watkins Realty Partners, LLC: J.S. Watkins Realty Partners, LLC, c/o The Debt Exchange, 133 Federal Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02111, Attention: HLS 2016-1 Sale Coordinator, Fax: 1-978-967-8607, Email: email@example.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: John Lucey, Director, Asset Sales Office, Room 3136, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 Seventh Street SW., Washington, DC 20410-8000; telephone 202-402-
3927. Hearing- or speech-impaired individuals may call 202-708-4594 (TTY). These are not toll-free numbers.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: HUD announces its intention to sell, in HLS 2016-1, eight (8) unsubsidized healthcare mortgage loans (Mortgage Loans) consisting of four first lien notes and four associated 2nd lien notes secured by four nursing home facilities located in Bloomfield, Enfield, Windham, and Hartford, Connecticut. The Mortgage Loans are non-performing mortgage loans. The listing of the Mortgage Loans is included in the BIP. The Mortgage Loans will be sold without FHA insurance and with HUD servicing released. HUD will offer qualified bidders an opportunity to bid competitively on the Mortgage Loans.
The Qualification Statement describes the entities/individuals that may be qualified to bid on the Mortgage Loans if they meet certain requirements as detailed in the Qualification Statement. Some entities/
individuals must meet additional requirements in order to be qualified to bid, including but not limited to:
Any mortgagee/servicer who originated one or more of the Mortgage Loans; a mortgagor or a operator, with respect to any HUD insured or subsidized mortgage loan (excluding the Mortgage Loans being offered in the Loan Sale) who is currently in default, violation, or noncompliance with one or more of HUD's requirements or business agreements; a limited partner, nonmanaging member, investor and/or shareholder who owns a 1 percent or less interest in one or more the Mortgage Loans, or in the project securing one or more the Mortgage Loans; and any of the aforementioned entities'/individuals' principals, affiliates, family members, and assigns.
Interested entities/individuals who fall into one of these categories should review the Qualification Statement to determine whether they may be eligible to qualify to submit a bid on the Mortgage Loans. Other entities/individuals not described herein may also be restricted from bidding on the Mortgage Loans, as fully detailed in the Qualification Statement.
The Bidding Process
The BIP describes in detail the procedure for bidding in HLS 2016-
1. The BIP also includes a standardized non-negotiable loan sale agreement (Loan Sale Agreement).
As part of its bid, each bidder must submit a minimum deposit of the greater of 10 percent of the total bid or $100,000. HUD will evaluate the bids submitted and determine the successful bid(s) in its sole and absolute discretion. If a bidder is successful, the bidder's deposit will be non-refundable and will be applied toward the purchase price, with any amount beyond the purchase price being returned to the bidder. Deposits will be returned to unsuccessful bidders. Closings are expected to take place between August 1, 2016 and August 3, 2016.
These are the essential terms of sale. The Loan Sale Agreement, which is
included in the BIP, contains additional terms and details. To ensure a competitive bidding process, the terms of the bidding process and the Loan Sale Agreement are not subject to negotiation.
Due Diligence Review
The BIP describes the due diligence process for reviewing loan files in HLS 2016-1. Qualified bidders will be able to access loan information remotely via a high-speed Internet connection. Further information on performing due diligence review of the Mortgage Loans is provided in the BIP.
Mortgage Loan Sale Policy
HUD reserves the right to reject any and all bids, in whole or in part, without prejudice to HUD's right to include the Mortgage Loans in a later sale. The Mortgage Loans will not be withdrawn after the award date except as is specifically provided for in the Loan Sale Agreement.
This is a sale of unsubsidized mortgage loans, pursuant to Section 204(a) of the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act of 1997, (12 U.S.C. 1715z-11a(a)).
Mortgage Loan Sale Procedure
HUD selected a competitive sale as the method to sell the Mortgage Loan. This method of sale optimizes HUD's return on the sale of these Mortgage Loans, affords the greatest opportunity for all qualified bidders to bid on the Mortgage Loans, and provides the quickest and most efficient vehicle for HUD to dispose of the Mortgage Loans.
In order to bid in the sale, a prospective bidder must complete, execute and submit both a Confidentiality Agreement and a Qualification Statement acceptable to HUD. The following individuals and entities are among those ineligible to bid on the Mortgage Loans being sold in HLS 2016-1:
1. A mortgagor or operator with respect to one or more the Mortgage Loans being offered in the Loan Sale, or an Active Shareholder (as such term is defined in the Qualification Statement);
2. Any individual or entity, and any Related Party (as such term is defined in the Qualification Statement) of such individual or entity, that is a mortgagor or operator with respect to any of HUD's multifamily and/or healthcare programs (excluding the Mortgage Loans being offered in the Loan Sale) and that has failed to file financial statements or is otherwise in default under such mortgage loan or is in violation or noncompliance of any regulatory or business agreements with HUD and fails to cure such default or violation by no later than July 6, 2016;
3. Any individual or entity that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from doing business with HUD pursuant to 2 CFR part 2424;
4. Any contractor, subcontractor and/or consultant or advisor (including any agent, employee, partner, director, principal or affiliate of any of the foregoing) who performed services for, or on behalf of, HUD in connection with HLS 2016-1;
5. Any employee of HUD, a member of such employee's family, or an entity owned or controlled by any such employee or member of such an employee's family;
6. Any individual or entity that uses the services, directly or indirectly, of any person or entity ineligible under provisions (3) through (5) above to assist in preparing its bid on any Mortgage Loan.
7. An FHA-approved mortgagee, including any principals, affiliates, or assigns thereof, that has received FHA insurance benefits for the one or more of the Mortgage Loans being offered in the Loan Sale;
8. An FHA-approved mortgagee and/or loan servicer, including any principals, affiliates, or assigns thereof, that originated one ore more of the Mortgage Loans being offered in the Loan Sale if the Mortgage Loan defaulted within two years of origination and resulted in the payment of an FHA insurance claim;
9. Any affiliate, principal or employee of any person or entity that, within the two-year period prior to July 1, 2016, serviced any Mortgage Loan or performed other services for or on behalf of HUD;
10. Any contractor or subcontractor to HUD that otherwise had access to information concerning any Mortgage Loan on behalf of HUD or provided services to any person or entity which, within the two-year period prior to July 1, 2016, had access to information with respect to the Mortgage Loan on behalf of HUD;
11. Any employee, officer, director or any other person that provides or will provide services to the prospective bidder with respect to the Mortgage Loans during any warranty period established for the Loan Sale, that serviced the Mortgage Loans or performed other services for or on behalf of HUD or within the two-year period prior to July 1, 2016, provided services to any person or entity which serviced, performed services or otherwise had access to information with respect to any Mortgage Loan for or on behalf of HUD.
Other entities/individuals not described herein may also be restricted from bidding on the Mortgage Loans, as fully detailed in the Qualification Statement.
The Qualification Statement provides further details pertaining to eligibility requirements. Prospective bidders should carefully review the Qualification Statement to determine whether they are eligible to submit bids on the Mortgage Loans in HLS 2016-1.
Freedom of Information Act Requests
HUD reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disclose information regarding HLS 2016-1, including, but not limited to, the identity of any successful bidder and its bid price or bid percentage for the Mortgage Loans, upon the closing of the sale of the Mortgage Loans. Even if HUD elects not to publicly disclose any information relating to HLS 2016-1, HUD will have the right to disclose any information that HUD is obligated to disclose pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act and all regulations promulgated thereunder.
Scope of Notice
This notice applies to HLS 2016-1 and does not establish HUD's policy for the sale of other mortgage loans.
Dated: June 29, 2016.
Edward L. Golding,
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Housing.
FR Doc. 2016-16258 Filed 7-8-16; 8:45 am
BILLING CODE 4210-67-P